The Urbana Country Dancers
The 32nd Annual
Chambana Jan Jam
(Champaign-Urbana January Jam)
Friday - Sunday, January 4 - 6, 2019
A special weekend of music and dance featuring:
The Mean Lids
With Miriam Larson (flute), Ben Smith (fiddle)
& Matt Turino (fiddle, guitar, feet)
with Ben Schreiber (fiddle) & Michael Sokolovsky (guitar)
This will be the 32nd Annual Chambana Jan Jam presented by
The Urbana Country Dancers
Most of the weekend's events will be held at the
Illini Student Union,
1401 W. Green in Urbana, Illinois.
The weekend will also feature several workshops and other fun activities.
Check back later for more details.
This year we are offering online payment for Jan Jam admission. If you wish
to pay online please fill out this
Online Registration Form.
You can then make your payment at our
Online Payment Site. Online payment includes a small service fee.
Admission prices for the Jan Jam
* - Students or 18-25. 13 and under free.
|Full weekend (in advance, postmarked by Dec. 19, 2018)
flier back page
and mail in the registration form, or bring it to the next dance.
|Full weekend (at the door)
|Full weekend (ages 13-17)
|Check back later for prices of individual events
The closest place to stay is at the
Illini Union Hotel,
in the Illini Student Union
where the dance is being held.
We have a block of rooms available at the Illini Union for $85.
Call them at 217-333-1241.
To make reservations online:
Check in is 3 p.m.; check out is noon.
- Go to
- Click on “Book Now” located in the middle of the page
- A new screen appears
- Fill in dates and other info
- Way at the bottom, click on the circle of the “Group Booking Code”
- Fill in your group booking code. The group booking code is: Jam19
- Click on “Check Availability”
- Free use of Campus Rec Facilities for workout, exercise
- A $5 breakfast voucher good at nationally known restaurants here in the Illini Union.
- The Quad Shop will fill any size cup of coffee for $1 when you bring your own cup!
- High-speed wireless internet access
- Cable TV
- Complimentary parking pass
- Access to Rec Room (bowling, billiards, games) and Food Court
- Only one block from 20 plus eating establishments in Campus Town
- We have city/campus bus transportation outside our front door
Or look at the Hotels & Lodging section of the
Visit Champaign County page
for plenty of other options.
For housing with local dancers, please contact Mark Jaeger at 217-344-1739
ASAP since space is limited (deadline Dec 19).
Directions to the Illini Union
Information about parking on campus
A map of parking on campus (updated 7/21/2016)
For more information email
For information call: 217-359-8225
Or look at the
Urbana Country Dancers'
The Urbana Country Dancers' web pages are maintained by
last update November 8, 2018